How We Work
We endeavour to demonstrate our ethos of developing long-term Client relationships in everything we do; examples include:
- Working on smaller projects allowing us to show our ability to deliver what we promise, at any level and hence ensure the Client is doing the same.
- Treating all our stakeholders, from client and employees to subcontractors and suppliers, in a fair and transparent manner and working hard to protect this reputation.
- Memberships of industry respected organisations such as CHAS
- Development of an administration system, which includes a file sharing system, in order to facilitate more streamlined support to one of our national clients.
- Regularly benchmarking our performance against our Corporate and Social Responsibility Policy.
Health And Safety
- Experience of working under CDM regulations
- Accredited member of the Contractors Health and Safety Assessment Scheme (CHAS)
- £10m liability insurance
- All employees are fully competent and trained and are constantly kept up to date with all the latest health and safety regulations by our retained safety advisors Strathmore Services ltd.
- All Site Managers are required to complete SMSTS qualification
- Where relevant, employees hold valid CSCS cards
Bruce Fowler – Contracts
Having always been interested in the technical design side of construction I completed a qualification in Building Studies at Newcastle Polytechnic in 1990. The first three years of my career were spent with JN Bentley Ltd as a Site Engineer. I spent the next 10 years working on some major civil engineering projects throughout the North of England including pipelines for Yorkshire Water during the drought in 1995, Skipton Auctionmart, water transfer pipline project from Eccup reservoir through to Headingley water treatment works . During this period I progressed from site engineer through to Contracts Manager.
For the following 10 years I focused on the building side of construction working with HACS Group Ltd.
As a founder Director for SDL Construction Management Ltd I have full responsibility for the Contracts side of the business including: supervision of all sites and their staff, health and safety requirements for sites, Senior client liason and management and completion of contract.
Stephen Grant – Strategy and Finance
On Graduating in Economics at Newcastle University I spent the first ten years of my working career in a variety of corporate roles covering finance, marketing and sales in both London and New York. However, my underlying passion had always been to develop and run my own business and for the last 20 years I have been fortunate enough to fulfil that dream.
After completing my MBA in 1991 I was one of the founders and Managing Director of a large London based recruitment business, which after successful expansion and growth was subsequently sold in 2005.
After returning to my roots in Yorkshire and a much needed break from the City of London (most of it spent cycling in the Yorkshire Dales) I set up SDL Construction Management Ltd in 2009 to pursue one of my other passions namely ‘buildings and property’. As Managing Director of the company I am responsible for all the day to day running of the company as well as everything ‘financial’.
Nicola Grant – Sales, Marketing and Client Services
After studying in London, I spent the early part of my career working for an American company in London and Paris, followed by a number of years with a City based recruitment comp any. During a career break (to have my five girls) I discovered my passion for property and began working in the industry. Over the last few years as a Board Director and co-owner of SDL Construction Management Ltd, I have had key responsibility for driving forward the Commercial arm of the business as well as developing the Sales and Marketing Strategy.